Sunday, June 22, 2014

act of faith

We all know Jim Carrey as the funny man in movies, while I don't particulary like his brand of humor (think Cable Guy) I was blown away by the commencement exercise speech he had given at Maharishi University.
 
He have given such thought provoking statements in that twenty six second speech one of which is this:
 
"LET THE UNIVERSE KNOW WHAT YOU WANT AND WORK TOWARDS IT WHILE LETTING GO OF HOW IT WILL COME TO PASS - you job is not to figure out how it will happen for you, but to open the door in your head and when it does open in real life JUST WALK THROUGH IT!"
 
... we all like to control our lives yes, and I guess there is nothing wrong with that - I guess things go downhill when we OBSSESSIVELY TRY TO TAKE CONTROL over the circumstances that we THINK will give us what you want... we manipulate things to go our own way... we latch on tight on the things that we should probably let go off... we worry and over analyze things that we forget to live and we lose sight of what was important in the first place...
 
...I guess I am just ranting here... I don't even know if I make any sense...this just might be the effect of having too much time on my hands coupled with a sugar rush from having cake for lunch... but yes I agree with Jim...
 
... yes  we should "LET THE UNIVERSE KNOW WHAT WE WANT AND WORK TOWARDS IT WHILE LETTING GO OF HOW IT WILL COME TO PASS" because doing so is an ACT OF FAITH...
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment