Sunday, July 6, 2014

Who is Jesus Christ: Christian Life Program Talk 2

We as Christian are introduced to Jesus Christ since before we could talk or walk. As toddlers we are taught to kiss his image in our homes and am sure at one point or another our parents our guardians used his image at the altar in church to scare us and make us behave.
 
 
 
Talk 2 aims to attract people to Jesus and challenge them to respond to his deity and lordship. His words and life demand a response from us, are we willing to accept his as Lord of our life?

 
 
 
Despite growing up in a Catholic family, studying in a Catholic school, I seldom go to church, I don't pray the rosary and I don't have a personal prayer time - yes I know the man on the cross. I know his life story but I do not have a personal relationship with him.
 
Talk 2: Who is Jesus Christ is personaly significant for me - it was the first talk that I attended when I joined the Christian Life Program in 2013. For me the experience is akin to getting re-acquianted with someone I know - I may have forgotten Jesus, but he never forgot me and I was invited to reconnect with him and I had that spark of eagerness in me.
 
It was this eagerness that made mo come back for more every friday and I eventually finished the CLP. One year into the community - I am still a work in progress, but am slowly developing a personal relationship with him thru having a personal prayer time, scripture reading and attending mass as I constantly pray for him to open my heart to see, hear and feel all his wonderfull messages...
 
 
This is what I have said - more or less, I got quite nervous standing up in front as one of the sharers for Talk 2. It was during the CLP orientation that I felt the desire to be a sharer particularly for this talk because of its significance for me. I never told anybody though there were times that I almost did, I just kept on praying to be tapped as sharer and God has granted me this wonderfull gift!!!...
 
... and for all of this May God Be Praised!!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment